The Kitchenscapes Design Process
There are plenty of choices when it comes to custom design firms but, while some companies might quote a lower price, our superior design skills, quality products, and an uncompromising dedication to client service are unmatched in the industry. We treat our clients with the same respect and care we offer to our own families and friends, and we want you fully understand how our custom design process works to meet your project expectations.
Depending on the scope and needs of your project, our Design Team will work with you on the following:
I. Preliminary Planning and Pricing
We believe it is important to provide our clients with as much information as possible before they make an investment in their project. To help with this decision, we will create preliminary designs and project Estimates at no charge. This includes:
• An initial consultation on site or at our studio to establish the general scope of work, total budget, and time frame you expect for your project. We will also identify the look, feel, and functionality you expect in your rooms as well as the styles, finishes, and design aesthetics you want. This generally takes 1-2 hours.
• Detailed 3-D CAD designs to help you visualize your finished project.
• A meeting (approximately 1 hour) at our studio to review the initial designs and corresponding Estimates.
II. Design Development
If you decided to move forward with your project, you will be asked to make a 20% non-refundable deposit based on the preliminary project Estimates.
While the deposit is non-refundable, it will be fully applied to your project’s final invoice. Design development includes:
• Creation of additional layouts and incorporation of additional styles, finishes, and design aesthetics to make certain that all elements of the project meet your expectations.
• Adjustments necessitated by changes in requirements requested by you, dictated by architectural or structural constraints, or pricing changes resulting from general market conditions such as manufacturer price increases.
• Updated drawings, specifications, elevations, and a final Proposal for your approval once the design is completed.
Our Design Team will meet with you in person at our showroom, via online meetings and video conferencing, or at the project location to work on the project design.
III. Purchase, Production and Delivery
Upon your approval of the final designs and Proposals, you will be asked for a 50% deposit based on the final Proposals to allow us to initiate the ordering and manufacturing process. Deposit payments must be received before any orders can be placed. Please note:
• Deposits for cabinets are non-refundable once the cabinet order has gone into production.
• Changes to your original order are usually not possible once the cabinetry order has gone into production.
• If changes can be made, you will be asked to pay a change order fee and any other costs associated with your changes. You will be given a cost breakdown of these additional costs before the changes are submitted.
• Changes will likely result in significant delays in your project.
• You will be invoiced for the final payment on all outstanding balances and your payment must be received prior to delivery.
• We will arrange delivery and be on site to receive the cabinets and other products purchased. You or an authorized representative must be on site to sign for the condition of the delivery and acknowledge receipt of all materials.
• The Designer will meet with the installer or contractor to review the design and answer any questions regarding the installation.
• The Designer will work with the manufacturers to coordinate any warranty issues that arise during or after installation.
Note: We do not perform installation of cabinetry, appliances, or any other products we provide. We can provide you with a list of independent contractors to install cabinetry, appliances, countertops, and hardware that we have worked with in the past. We are typically able to expedite your installation work due to our experience with these contractors. You are responsible for interviewing and selecting any contractors you will use for installation work.
IV. Other Services
We are available to assist with the selection of additional products necessary to complete you project, outside of the scope of kitchen, bath, and cabinetry design for our clients at a rate of $125.00/hour.
Thank you for considering Kitchenscapes for your project. We look forward to working with you!
Your Kitchenscapes Design Team