Careers In Kitchen and Bath Design
Current Careers at Kitchenscapes
Please apply for any open opportunities on Indeed.com using the link provided. No emails or phone calls will be accepted.
NO CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Custom Cabinetry - Kitchen / Bath Designer
The position of Designer is a full-time salaried position. The firm offers high-quality custom cabinetry and award winning design services for kitchens, baths and other rooms on both residential and commercial projects. The firm also is an authorized dealer of professional grade appliances and other products necessary to complete projects (solid surface countertops, sinks, plumbing fixtures, lighting, etc).
A successful Kitchenscapes Designer applicant must be able to:
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to exceptional, professional client service.
- Work a flexible schedule necessary to accommodate client needs and deliver project requirements.
- Employ excellent communication skills to coordinate projects with homeowners, builders, and contractors.
- Exhibit consistent attention to detail to ensure client satisfaction and eliminate errors and delays.
- Unemotionally accept constructive professional feedback from clients, peers, and management and offer feedback to others as a member of a high functioning team.
- Exhibit professional appearance and demeanor when conducting initial client meetings and when meeting builders/developers on site.
- Demonstrate relevant experience in providing clients with extraordinary kitchen, bath, and custom cabinetry design.
- Show proficiency in the use of Cabinet Vision and experience with a structured design process, from broad concept to finely tuned measurements and details.
- Become an expert in Kitchenscapes’ fabricators of custom cabinetry, appliances and any other products that the firm offers and capable of answering client questions regarding quality and specifications.
- Take responsibility for defining the project scope of work, creating design options and developing a project budget that matches the clients’ desires.
- Properly utilize the firm’s systems of project management and complete all necessary forms and checklists for each project.
- Be available to clients for questions/issues during install and must promptly follow up on issues that arise post-install.
- Understand the firm’s profit centers and work toward maximizing the firm’s profits while ensuring the satisfaction of the client.
- Pursue business development opportunities by representing the firm with pride and professionalism at industry events and in social settings, and when appropriate, wearing nametags/logo wear, handing out business cards.
- Travel locally and nationally for training and projects.
- Perform any other related duties that may be required from time to time.
Kitchen and Bath Design Assistant
NO CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Design Assistant - Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for two full time Kitchen and Bath designers in daily activities while learning skills necessary to become a fully accredited Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer (AKBD).
- Complete company-paid online courses and testing required for NKBA certifications.
- Become proficient in CAD programs (Cabinet Vision) and other company systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in illustrating new projects via 3D modeling (SketchUp) for presentation at new client meetings.
- Field measure for projects prior to finalizing cabinet order and assist Designers with pulling/shipping samples to clients.
- Participate in and support design reviews of projects in process.
- Use strong interpersonal skills (speaking, writing, and presentation) to interface professionally with vendors and clientele.
- Accurately place and follow up on orders for appliances while becoming a subject matter expert on the professional grade appliance lines of which we are Authorized Dealers (Wolf Sub Zero, Viking, Blue Star).
- Assist with Interior Decorating responsibilities for Kitchenscapes Luxury Development clients.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on career development and education.
- Proficiency in computers, Microsoft applications, and other workplace systems and equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Additional information for prospective candidates:
- The ideal candidate would have ties to Summit County or nearby locations that could provide housing assistance in an extremely competitive rental area.
- Must be career minded with a passion for design. No short term or seasonal candidates need apply.
- Hourly pay during an initial 3 month probationary period, to transition to a salaried position.
- 401(k) with matching after first year of employment.
- Technical work environment featuring advanced computer systems, teleconferencing, and employee tablets for off site work.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Breckenridge, CO
Required education: Bachelor's
relationship management: 1 year
interior design: 1 year
kitchen and bath design: 1 year
CAD or other 3D modeling: 1 year